Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL performance regression tests!

Nice work! Performance regressions are difficult to detect, so any
efforts to do so in an automated fashion are great.

Embarrassingly, Chrome Canary, at least, sad-tabs running one of the
tests; I've filed http://crbug.com/120977 to track this.

I hope that someone on the MapsGL team at Google might see this post
and comment. In general the tests you've got look pretty good; they
seem to exercise aspects of the WebGL implementation such as reading
back pixels outside the viewport and texture format conversions. I
think the MapsGL team has more tests in their built-in benchmark which
measured fill rate, certain aspects of shader performance, etc. If we
were trying to write a cross-platform Windows Experience Index
benchmark we'd probably want more of the latter kind of tests.

-Ken