Re: [Public WebGL] Extensions

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Florian Bösch wrote:

> In case you're planing on adding a new extension of your own, please consult

> the ML-archives and grep for my email (pyalot@gmail.com) and anisotropic
> filtering, in short the process is:
> - propose an extension as IDL
> - post it to the ML
> - see if we can reach a consensus over the standardization of it, and it can
> move to draft
> - at that point vendors should be free to implement it

Ok, so let's use one of the existing extensions as an example.

http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/WEBGL_lose_context/

Per the WebGL Registration Page, this extension is in draft, so is being implemented per your comment above. Or does that happen after the draft is complete?

At least since the above is a draft, it looks as though Glenn Maynard is responsible for implementing the code. I'm guessing the code is not available until the extension becomes official, is that correct ???

In the case of the "Official WebGL Extensions", are the following extensions completed already? If so, where would I find the actual implementation? Would they be in the OpenGL or OpenGL ES libraries ???

    1. OES_texture_float
    2. OES_texture_half_float
    3. OES_standard_derivatives
    4. WEBGL_debug_renderer_info
    5. WEBGL_debug_shaders

As an example, where is getTranslatedShaderSource() for WEBGL_debug_shaders ??? I'm not finding that in any of the opengl code.