[Public WebGL] Extensions

Hi, new to this list and was looking for an archive, but don't seem to see one.

I was trying to understand how the WebGL extensions work.

On my android refernece I have the Android Browser, Firefox, and Opera.

I'm using a modified version of the Sony WebGL code which was released a
couple months ago, and I have it working on my omap device.

I see different extensions available in each browser when testing each of
them against the following URL:

http://analyticalgraphicsinc.github.com/webglreport

What is not clear to me is if I can add extensions to the Android Browser
myself, and if so, how would I go about that?

As an example, this is what I see on my browsers:

Android: WEBKIT_lose_context
Opera: OES_standard_derivatives
Firefox: NONE

In comparison, I see this following on the Chrome browser:

Chrome on Linux: OES_texture_float, OES_standard_derivatives,
WEBKIT_lose_context, WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_textures

How would one go about adding those extensions to the Android browser?

It seems that the implementation is done in the OpenGL or OpenGL ES code,
so that they must be in the libraries before one adds in more IDLs...but
that part is not clear. Any tips would be appreciated, I'm a bit new to
working with the browser extensions.:-(

--

Alan DuBoff - Android Development
Fujitsu Labs America