Re: [Public WebGL] The state of MRTs

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 15:26, Paul Lewis <paul@aerotwist.com> wrote:
> In terms of what I understand the functionality to be, it would be to allow
> for calling a function analogous to OpenGL's glDrawBuffers with an array of
> color attachment points, and then GLSL calls with gl_FragColor[i] such that
> the multiple colour attachments can be written from one shader program.
> But for sure I don't know if this functionality is actually in the spec, and
> that's part of what I was hoping to clarify.

This functionality is not in the spec.
gl_FragColor is not an array in GLSL ES, and we only expose one color
attachment point.

gl_FragData is an array and IS part of GLSL ES

gl_FragData[0]  is the same as gl_FragColor

> And if it is not, whether there are any plans to include it or something similar to it.

There is no plan that I know of currently. It could possibly be
exposed as an extension though.

Regards,