Re: [Public WebGL] The state of MRTs

I was certainly unclear on if MRTs are explicitly mentioned in the spec, and I haven't been able to validate that claim so that's definitely part of my question.

In terms of what I understand the functionality to be, it would be to allow for calling a function analogous to OpenGL's glDrawBuffers with an array of color attachment points, and then GLSL calls with gl_FragColor[i] such that the multiple colour attachments can be written from one shader program.

But for sure I don't know if this functionality is actually in the spec, and that's part of what I was hoping to clarify. And if it is not, whether there are any plans to include it or something similar to it.

Hoping that makes sense!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 14:32, Paul Lewis <paul@aerotwist.com> wrote:
> So I was wondering what the state of play is regarding multiple render
> targets. I understand that they're in the 1.0 specification, but due to lack
> of ubiquitous hardware support (as in the case of mobile) it's not
> implemented anywhere.

Are they?
We do only expose COLOR_ATTACHMENT0 (as in ES 2.0), or are you
thinking about another technique?

Regards,