[Public WebGL] The state of MRTs

Hey,

So I was wondering what the state of play is regarding multiple render targets. I understand that they're in the 1.0 specification, but due to lack of ubiquitous hardware support (as in the case of mobile) it's not implemented anywhere. Is my understanding correct? And if it is, are there any plans to either drop it from the spec (which would be a shame since I think it would be extremely helpful) or to encourage implementation on platforms which can support it?

Thanks,
Paul