Re: [Public WebGL] Re: Angle

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 18:42, John Davis <jdavis@pcprogramming.com>
> wrote:
> > wow, I wouldn't have expected win7 success rates to be so low.
> > Âlooks like
> > adding warp to angle might be worth the effort.
>
> I'm also a bit surprised.
> Benoit, do you think we could add a Telemetry probe to our WebGL
> initialization in order to avoid any crash-stats bias?
>
> It seems we currently have a probe measuring attempted usage of WebGL
> (Telemetry::CANVAS_WEBGL_USED) but no info on the success/failure of
> the attempted usage.

Sure we can do that. check in content/canvas/src/WebGLContext.cpp, there is already a Telemetry probe to see how many people are using WebGL at all. You can add a probe for the success rate by adding a Telemetry call at the same place as the existing SetSuccessful() call in this file.

That said: I'm not sure that this is any less biased. People who enable Telemetry are biased towards technical users.

Benoit