Re: [Public WebGL] ANGLE_instanced_arrays extension proposal

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Florian BÃsch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
This implies that the WebGL implementation maintains a copy of all
vertex data that's been uploaded. As I mentioned above I think this is
impractical on mobile devices.
Well, two points:
- WebGL loose context forces us anyway to keep copies of buffers around in client memory, so it's moot to discuss weather it's impractical on mobile devices. It's not impractical, it's a necessity.

No, you can reload them from storage. Keeping two copies of every drawing resource decompressed and in memory all the time in case of context loss would be very inefficient.

--
Glenn Maynard