Re: [Public WebGL] wrapping up: NUM_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS and co.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I admit I lost track of that discussion. The spec and tests seem to be a bit lost, too:
>
>  - the spec has COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS but NUM_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS doesn't exist anymore.

This is correct. Fetching COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS returns an array
whose length is the number of supported compressed texture formats.

>  - the gl-get-calls.html test wants NUM_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS but doesn't test COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS.

Thanks for catching this. I've fixed the test.

>  - the compressed-tex-image.html test agrees with the spec, wants COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS and not the other

This is correct.

>  - quickCheckAPI.js and constants.html want both!

Sorry about that oversight. Fixed.

> If someone can confirm that the spec is correct, I'm happy to edit tests to require COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS to be present and require NUM_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS to be absent.

Thanks for the offer and sorry for not catching these issues (I didn't
do a full conformance suite run after making the spec edit -- mea
culpa.)

-Ken