Re: [Public WebGL] Addition of compressedTexImage2D entry points in WebGL 1.0.1

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
I think it makes sense to leave these enums as is, just in case it is
desired to allow one compressed texture extension to optionally
provide one or more formats.

The goal of WebGL so far has been if you get an extension you have that feature. Leaving those 2 queries opens up extensions to break that idea. Why not just get rid of them and their by not allow extensions that are likely to break for devs who forget to check?

-Ken