Re: [Public WebGL] Addition of compressedTexImage2D entry points in WebGL 1.0.1

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 09:51, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#5.14.8

"""
If an attempt is made to call these functions with no WebGLTexture
bound (see above), an INVALID_OPERATION error is generated.

The core WebGL specification does not define any supported compressed
texture formats. By default, these methods generate an INVALID_ENUM
error and return immediately. See Compressed Texture Support.
"""

Seems to me the first paragraph should be moved to the end so that the
behavior when no compressed texture extension is enabled ("generate an
INVALID_ENUM error and return immediately") takes precedence.

I don't think INVALID_ENUM has to take precedence. If you want to test just make sure you pass in valid values for everything. The only one that can fail is the format if the rest are valid for that format.

Regards,