Re: [Public WebGL] Event on SwapBuffers

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Brandon Jones <tojiro@gmail.com> wrote:
Not being terribly familiar with the various browser's code bases I'm not sure if there are any practical matters that would prevent such an API from being implemented, but I'm certain that the development community could make good use of them should they be made available!
When dealing with FBOs you don't have a backbuffer. There can be situations in which an FBO has not finished rendering by the time you want to use it for something, in which case you'd call gl.finish() to block until all previously issued commands have finished, it is then safe to assume the FBO is filled.