Re: [Public WebGL] Should bufferData record array type?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
I would suggest that (not for 1.0.1 but for a future 1.0.2) we specify that buffers are typed, that the type is set when calling bufferData, and that bufferSubData and vertexAttribPointer must generate an error in case of type mismatch. Or, do you see any reason why this would break reasonable content?
You might be dealing with mixed buffers (interleaved) for which it might be difficult to provide a matching view type. In the specific subcases of buffers where index elements are provided, no mixed data is possible, so there it'd be fine.
Ouch, interleaved arrays, I see. Thanks.

Benoit