[Public WebGL] Should bufferData record array type?

Hi,

Currently, as far as I can see, we're not checking the type of the array passed to bufferData. So you could pass an array of uint8's to bufferData and later use that buffer in a vertex attrib of a different type, say floats.

I would suggest that (not for 1.0.1 but for a future 1.0.2) we specify that buffers are typed, that the type is set when calling bufferData, and that bufferSubData and vertexAttribPointer must generate an error in case of type mismatch. Or, do you see any reason why this would break reasonable content?

Cheers,
Benoit