AW: [Public WebGL] Depth Texture Extension

IIRC depth cube maps are supported by Direct3D 10+

/Ralf

Von: owner-public_webgl@khronos.org [owner-public_webgl@khronos.org] im Auftrag von Florian Bösch [pyalot@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Januar 2012 17:01
An: Marco Di Benedetto
Cc: public webgl
Betreff: Re: [Public WebGL] Depth Texture Extension

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Marco Di Benedetto <marco.dibenedetto@isti.cnr.it> wrote:

it is useful, e.g. you may want to create an environment map AND preserve also depth values (depth buffer) per face rather than just color values (color buffer).
I agree that it is useful. I'm merely doubting that the functionality actually exists in hardware, and that the functionality in D3D and Desktop OpenGL is actually prevented by the driver (if it exists in hardware).