Re: [Public WebGL] Depth Texture Extension

On Jan 23, 2012, at 5:25 AM, Florian Bösch wrote:

I've ported over the depth texture extension specification from the OpenGL ES extension registry (see attachment).

Some querying around on http://www.glbenchmark.com showed that this extension is well supported on mobiles, including among others, these devices:

ipad 1,2
iPhone 4, 4s, 3G

That should be 3Gs. The 3G doesn't support GL ES 2.0

odroid-a
Samsung GT-i9100 Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S
Google Nexus S
Gemei G2
Motorola ME865
Ployer MOMO9
Coolpad 8870, 7005
Teclast P76Ti
Simvalley SPX-5

Could you please provide feedback to the extension so we can get it to state where it can be included on the list of extensions officially?

I support this extension. Thanks for doing the legwork on understanding its support on mobile platforms.

But in adding it to the registry, you would not put it in the list of Official WebGL Extensions. It would go in the list of Draft WebGL Extensions.

-----
~Chris