RE: [Public WebGL] Context Creation Error Event

Von: Kenneth Russell [kbr@google.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Januar 2012 18:57
An: Kornmann, Ralf
Cc: public_webgl@khronos.org
Betreff: Re: [Public WebGL] Context Creation Error Event

>The intent is that the string should be comprehensible rather than
>something like "Error T1649". However, it is intended more for the
>browser developers than end user comprehension. For that reason an
>application should display additional text indicating that WebGL
>failed to initialize in addition to the string from the context
>creation error, and link to http://get.webgl.org/ for more
>information.

This will work for the people with a browser that doesn't have any WebGL support at all. But if I send someone who have already the current version of Firefox/Chrome to this page he will reach a dead end. I know I want to much but I just try to reduce the friction for people that make first time use of WebGL through our games.

>The 15% might be explained by machines whose GPUs are
>blacklisted. I don't know whether all WebGL implementations behave
>consistently in that situation.
-0
Unfortunately I don't know any way to figure this out without active help from these users. As we don't use WebGL yet and don't have a release date for this feature I cannot ask such questions. People just want to play and not answer "stupid" questions that are not related to their current experience. Based on my own tests so far I expected outdated drivers as the main reason.