Re: [Public WebGL] Explicit unboxing for object identifiers

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
> What is you use case for comparing uniform locations? Why can't you implement it on your side, maybe with a shim/wrapper around webgl.getUniformLocation?

I'm implementing a library called glQuery which is basically
stratified into three layers. The bottom layer is supposed to be a
very thin layer over WebGL where you can pass any existing webgl
object directly to glQuery functions and it'll all just work. The idea
is that if you have an existing webgl app you can just drop in glQuery
and start using it with existing objects.

I don't actually strictly need to take uniform locations in my api but
it would be a nice to have if the user app fails to store name
identifiers along with uniform locations. (There's some very
rough/incomplete API documentation as to what I have in mind here:
https://github.com/glQuery/glQuery/wiki/API)