Re: [Public WebGL] Shared resources between contexts

> I disagree that contexts should be shared by default. Resource sharing has
> real performance implications and it might create data inconsistencies.
> Separate pieces of code intended to be separate, should not have
> to explicitly state that they want to be separate.

I agree in principle, however I think that if a WebGL object is
already available to two different pieces of code then that object is
implicitly shared between those modules. When you do not intend to
share objects those objects should in my opinion be hidden from scope
as with any other javascript resource (e.g. by enclosing the reference
variable inside a closure). It appears to me like the HTML way is to
make the DOM global/shared by default so it doesn't seem all that
strange to me to share WebGL resources as well.

On the other hand, you might have a point regarding the performance
implications - I don't have any insight into the efficiency of the
implementation of resource sharing.