Re: [Public WebGL] Shared resources between contexts

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Florian BÃsch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> If two contexts are wished to be synonymous. Then there is no difference
> between two references to the same context, and two contexts referencing the
> same underlying OpenGL/DirectX context. Those contexts are the same, because
> they're the same, and therefore they're the same, just because they're
> really just the same. Therefore #3 is satisfied without furtehr semantic
> contortions.

That's not what you said.  You said "multiple contexts for one
canvas".  That doesn't mean they share the same OpenGL context, it
means they're completely separate OpenGL contexts that happen to
output to the same canvas.  The canvas is just the drawing area on the
page; it's essentially the default framebuffer.  I don't know why
you'd want to do that, but it's definitely not possible.

(Not that I really understand what you're saying now.  Two contexts
are not "the same".  If you have two contexts, then they have separate
state, such as whether GL_BLEND is enabled, regardless of whether
they're sharing resources or not.)

--
Glenn Maynard