Re: [Public WebGL] Shared resources between contexts

On 06/01/2012 04:05, Kenneth Russell wrote:
The same WebGL context object that was created during the first call
to getContext() will be returned from the second call. The context
creation attributes will be ignored during the second call. See
http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#2.2 , "The
WebGLContextAttributes object is only used on the first call to
getContext".
This is not readily apparent from reading the WebGL spec. Even with your pointer I had to look pretty hard in Section 2.2 to find the relevant sentence plus I had to look at the Canvas spec. to see that the same object is supposed to be returned. Like I said Section 2 could use some work.

Regards

    -Mark