Re: [Public WebGL] Proposing OpenGL ES extensions for inclusion into WebGL

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
I believe you are misinterpreting "accidentally." In the context in which Benoit used it, it refers to developers knowingly using an extension but one that they do not realize is not widely supported. As a result they may fail to provide a fallback for when it is not available.
Which is why I proposed a "Can I use this" matrix with quantified statements as to how well something is supported device-base wide as a single percentage number. But I'm lacking the required sample data to do it.