Re: [Public WebGL] consult on the webgl conformance test case

My point is that the GLSL or GLSL ES compilers should not be enforcing WebGL-only restrictions.

I believe both Firefox and Chrome use the ANGLE shader validator everywhere, even on Linux. (The validator is separate from the OpenGL ES 2 on D3D feature of ANGLE.) Regardless, enforcing such restrictions is a matter for the WebGL implementation not the underlying OpenGL {,ES} implementation. Though given the non-existence of OpenGL conformance tests, it is a moot point.

Regards

-Mark