Re: [Public WebGL] Last-minute comments/questions for 1.0.1 spec/tests

On 28/11/11 04:02 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com
<mailto:bjacob@mozilla.com>> wrote:

Hi,

    Please allow me to group a number of small items together.

    1. When deleteTexture is called, I believe that the texture is
    unbound from *all* texture units where it is currently bound, not
    just the currently active texture unit. Is this correct? Do we have
    a test for that?

No we don't AFAIK. Yes we should test for that.

OK; this has now been discussed on the other thread. I would like to fix it, but I can wait until after 1.0.1 if you think that now is too late.

    2. The last check in gl-object-get-calls.html, after the buffer is
    deleted by deleteBuffer, does:

    shouldBeNull('gl.__getVertexAttrib(1,
    gl.VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER___BINDING)');

    Shouldn't we test that the buffer binding is also reset in other
    vertex attribs that refered to that buffer? I'm referring to OpenGL
    ES 2.0.25 Section 2.9: "If a buffer object is deleted while it is
    bound, all bindings to that object in the current context (i.e. in
    the thread that called DeleteBuffers) are reset to zero."

Yes, we should test for that.

Same question: may I fix it now?

Cheers,
Benoit