Re: [Public WebGL] Null return values on context loss

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 00:32, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>> The "placeholder value" could be ES 2.0's initial value [1] ?
>>
>> It would avoid adding too much text to the spec, while returning
>> sensible 'defaults' that should not break apps.
>
> That might work. getShaderParameter and getProgramParameter don't have
> this, though.
>
>> getSupportedExtensions should return an empty array as if no extension
>> is supported.
>
> Also getAttachedShaders.

Glenn convinced me such a change would be great to lessen the pain of
dealing with (by definition - unexpected) context loss for WebGL
developers.

Anyone else has an opinion on this?
Could we consider this a part of the whole context loss specification
polish underway for the next revision of the spec?

Cheers,