Re: [Public WebGL] Last-minute comments/questions for 1.0.1 spec/tests

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:20 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:
There are LOTS of things I would change about the WebGL API if I could but the #1 mandate that most of the committee has followed is the API should stay the same as OpenGL as much as possible. WebGLUniformLocation is a change but while technically the API is different, functionally it's not. Off the top of my head there is no correct code you would write differently if getUniformLocation returned an int that changes because it's now a WebGLUniformLocation. It just prevents incorrect math on locations.

Deleting resources is also functionally the same, where it matters--its effect on OpenGL state. Anyway, just an observation--it's too late to actually repair the API bloat.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> It seems minor and that it hasn't impacted application compatibility.

Before problems surface seems like the ideal time to fix things. :)

--
Glenn Maynard