Re: [Public WebGL] Last-minute comments/questions for 1.0.1 spec/tests

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Benoit Jacob <bjacob@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Please allow me to group a number of small items together.
>>
>> 1. When deleteTexture is called, I believe that the texture is unbound
>> from *all* texture units where it is currently bound, not just the currently
>> active texture unit. Is this correct? Do we have a test for that?
>

> No we don't AFAIK. Yes we should test for that.
>

>> 2. The last check in gl-object-get-calls.html, after the buffer is deleted
>> by deleteBuffer, does:
>>
>> shouldBeNull('gl.getVertexAttrib(1,
>> gl.VERTEX_ATTRIB_ARRAY_BUFFER_BINDING)');
>>
>> Shouldn't we test that the buffer binding is also reset in other vertex
>> attribs that refered to that buffer? I'm referring to OpenGL ES 2.0.25
>> Section 2.9: "If a buffer object is deleted while it is bound, all bindings
>> to that object in the current context (i.e. in the thread that called
>> DeleteBuffers) are reset to zero."
>

> Yes, we should test for that.
>

>> 3. Firefox happens to ensure that identical calls to getUniformLocation
>> return the _same_ WebGLUniformLocation object, but I don't remember if/where
>> this is mandated by the spec? And if there is a test for that?
>

> I don't think there is a test for that nor do I think it's in the spec.
> Should it be?

It isn't currently in the spec. Similar text could be added as that
for getExtension().

I don't have a strong opinion about whether to make this change at the
current time. It seems minor and that it hasn't impacted application
compatibility. Benoit, if you feel strongly, would you sign up for the
spec change and the addition to the conformance suite?