Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL NPOT texture support

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Mo, Zhenyao <zhenyao@gmail.com> wrote:
1. Require that the context by default act as if there is no NPOT support.
2. If context.getExtension("...texture_non_power_of_two") is called, and the extension is supported, enable NPOT support.  I suppose the function does not need to return anything, or could return an empty interface.
3. The context may now use NPOT features.

People are objecting exactly what you just proposed.  It's never a plan to incorporate NPOT into core webgl 1.0.

He didn't propose adding it to the core, he proposed adding it as an extension.

I understand, but his assumption is that people were objecting adding NPOT to the core, that's why he proposed adding it as an extension.  So I clarify that adding to the core is never a plan.

--
Glenn Maynard