Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL NPOT texture support

Oops, this time to the whole list. Sorry, Ashley, for the spam.

Why would you need multiple shaders? The rect could be encoded in uniforms or even vertex attributes. I think you should look into atlasing because it might be a good idea for performance.

That all being said, I do support this as an extension since it is basically impossible to do correctly without it, but I'm hoping there are things you can try that let you move ahead without depending on such a long-lead process.

To the standards-minded folk: considering that WebGL has plenty of other ways a "bad first experience" might happen, something like NPOT textures that has semi-reasonable fallbacks (blurry images via rescaling is better than utter failure) would not be very high on my list. And if developers are the ones having that "bad first experience" then you'll never even have the user problem.

-Won