Re: [Public WebGL] Typed Array spec updates: strawman proposals

At 1:14 PM -0700 5/31/11, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:
> > 2) I want a copy of the data in the buffer. How do I do this? Are there now
>> 2 constructors for views? One to make a copy and one to make view?
>> Does it work as is or does it need more?
>
>The simplest way would be to call "buffer.slice(0)".

The slice function is implemented for ArrayBuffers in Chrome 17 and Safari nightly but not in FF 11.

In the spec it's listed in straw-man status.

I'd like to be able to copy typed arrays as quickly as possible. Is ArrayBuffer.slice() likely to become part of the specification?