Re: [Public WebGL] String support in DataView

After much (justifiable!) procrastination, I've started putting a draft spec together for this functionality, with input from Ken Russell and some other willing reviewers. I've just posted it to:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/StringEncoding

The biggest outstanding issue raised (so far) is the behavior when encoding to a buffer that isn't large enough for the string.

Feedback appreciated, although we will probably redirect the discussion to a more appropriate list.