Re: [Public WebGL] WEBKIT_ extensions

On 01/11/11 01:41 PM, Adrienne Walker wrote:
El día 31 de octubre de 2011 14:53, Benoit Jacob<bjacob@mozilla.com> escribió:

In the case of WEBKIT_lose_context, since it is so simple and useful for all browsers, I would really like it to become WEBGL_lose_context. Does anybody object to that and what steps need to be taken to make that happen?

At the time, there were reservations about adding the WEBGL tag
without more general approval or ratification from Khronos.

Thanks, I didn't remember this conversation. Since it seems to have been such a large debate, for now we will just rename it to MOZ_lose_context on our side until consensus for WEBGL_lose_context happens.

Can I go ahead and add MOZ_lose_context to the registry?

I disagree with the arguments that WEBGL_lose_context is not needed as it could be implemented in pure JavaScript. A big focus at the moment is to get Web developers to care about contextlost/contextrestored events. It would help if we could just point them to a WEBGL_lose_context extension to test their app's behavior in all supporting browsers, rather than having to use a shim for all WebGL entry points.

Cheers,
Benoit

-enne