Re: [Public WebGL] Proposals for two new WebGL extensions

On Oct 12, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Mo, Zhenyao wrote:

> Thanks Ken.  I've updated the draft for the wrong name in the IDL and the issue resolved.
>
> So I added the two extensions to the WebGL extension registry:
>
> WEBGL_debug_renderer_info: extension #6
> WEBGL_debug_shaders: extension #7
>
> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/extensions/WEBGL_debug_renderer_info/index.html
> https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/extensions/WEBGL_debug_shaders/index.html
>
> They are ready to be implemented.  Thanks for all the feedbacks.

I'm glad these have been added to the registry. It will put to rest the debate about real vs. obfuscated renderer info. But I think the specs should make more clear what is meant by "privileged code in the browser". This isn't a concept that exists from a standard's standpoint.

Perhaps a sentence like:

	The extension shall be available only to content determined to be privileged by some user agent specific means.

would make it a bit more clear?

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com