[Public WebGL] preserveDrawingBuffer questions

Hi,

Section 2.2 has a non-normative block saying "While it is sometimes desirable to preserve the drawing buffer, it can cause significant performance loss on some platforms." Could someone please point me to the corresponding discussion, which I can't find back? What were these platforms and why is that slow on them?

Another question: implementing the default semantics (preserveDrawingBuffer=false) on a multi-process browser seems tricky to do efficiently: as far as I can see, this requires double buffering?

Cheers,
Benoit