Re: [Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:

> On 11/09/19 11:36, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>
> since there's at least
> one piece of ES20 compliant hardware that exposes such support under
> the umbrella of OES_texture_half_float, I think we should leave render
> to FP texture support as an optional feature under WebGL's FP texture
> extensions.
>

> There is no such hardware. The Tegra, that you are thinking of, has an NV
> extension that exposes the half-float rendering. Desktop GL also had
> separate texture float and color-buffer float extensions, (though the latter
> predates FBO so is only for the default framebuffer; when FBOs were
> introduced to desktop float rendering was supported so no extension was
> necessary).

As far as I can tell there is no NV extension on the Tegra which
exposes half-float rendering. If you are thinking of
GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments, that extension only adds additional color
attachment points. The Tegra's support for fp16 render targets seems
to be solely defined under its support for GL_OES_texture_half_float
on page 15 of the Tegra developer documentation (
http://developer.download.nvidia.com/tegra/docs/tegra_gles2_development.pdf
).

If I'm wrong and there is a separate NV extension please send a pointer to it.

-Ken