Re: [Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

On 11/09/19 11:36, Kenneth Russell wrote:
since there's at least
one piece of ES20 compliant hardware that exposes such support under
the umbrella of OES_texture_half_float, I think we should leave render
to FP texture support as an optional feature under WebGL's FP texture
extensions.

There is no such hardware. The Tegra, that you are thinking of, has an NV extension that exposes the half-float rendering. Desktop GL also had separate texture float and color-buffer float extensions, (though the latter predates FBO so is only for the default framebuffer; when FBOs were introduced to desktop float rendering was supported so no extension was necessary).

The ES group has no interest in a color_buffer_float extension because no vendor currently has the feature.

Regards

    -Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
adr:Higashiyama 1-4-4, Meguro Ward;;Meguro Higashiyama Bldg 5F;Tokyo;;153-0043;Japan
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660