Re: [Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

On Sep 16, 2011, at 11:14 AM, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> Shouldn't the existing need to check the framebuffer's status be
> sufficient? Applications that don't check for FBO completeness are by
> definition incorrectly written. These applications already have to
> request the floating-point texture extension from WebGL.

Are you saying an author should discover whether or not it's possible to create a FP FBO by trying and if the FBO is incomplete after the attempt, that's an indication that it's not supported? I don't think that has precedence. Seems like it's much better to use the extension mechanism. If the attempt to enable the extension fails, then it's not a feature that can be used.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com