Re: [Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:

I do not think so. We have gone to great lengths before, e.g. UniformLocation, to avoid situations where incorrectly written programs will run on some GPUs but not others. Why is it suddenly necessary to abandon the principles we established?

It's just a thought, OpenGL itself has no mechanism to discern this other then trying it out. But sure, if you want this test snippet to be named  gl.getExtension('WEBGL_FRAMEBUFFER_FLOAT') or something, you have my blessing, spares me to write the utility function.