Re: [Public WebGL] readPixles() can't access float values (OES_texture_float interaction)

I heard there was some discussion on disabling floating point texture
writing to fbos

I'd like to point out that:

- Some of my demos use this, and it would break them:
- I had planned on continued support of this functionality for
upcoming applications
- There are a variety of use cases for floating point output that
generally suffer, or become impossible altogether (like HDR rendering,
deferred lighting, image based lighting, physical simulations, and so
- I have written about the need for floating point textures (which
includes output in this section on my blog)
- I do not believe that it helps the adoption of WebGL to
intentionally cripple desktop graphics capabilities