Re: [Public WebGL] Lifetime of WebGL objects in Firefox and Webkit

Guys,

Chiming in late so apologies if I missed a beat: is there a real design issue here or not? It seems like a) there are bugs in some browsers (likely) and b) there is a lot of sloppy JS code out there and the developers are going to have to be even more careful than when building 2D apps (more likely). But beyond these two are there actually features the browsers should be adding, and thus the spec? I am skeptical. Good JS practice is the best bet, not creating closures, not hanging on to pointers out of sloppiness, etc. Or am I missing something?

Tony