Re: [Public WebGL] Lifetime of WebGL objects in Firefox and Webkit

There are 2 issues being conflated here

1) Freeing the object known as WebGLTexture (or WebGLBuffer, etc...)

2) Freeing the texture managed by WebGLTexture object.

It looks like Glenn is correct that there's a bug in current implementations. This code looks like it will run out of memory eventually.

setInterval(function() {
   var tex = gl.createTexture();
   gl.deleteTexture(tex);
}, 10);

That bug is issue #1 above and should be fixed assuming it is a bug in current browsers.
I don't think it would leak in Firefox: deleteTexture removed the context's reference to the WebGLTexture object.

Issue #2 can be debated.
Yes, Issue #2 is what I'm worried about.
Benoit