Re: [Public WebGL] Microsoft Weighs in on WebGL Security Issue

They claim to have fixed it in Silverlight 5 RTM. So retest when it comes out and if it isn't fixed (which it probably won't be) then reopen/refile. Hold them accountable for what they claim to have done, which is prevent DoS attacks using the GPU despite GPU/drivers not having explicit support for this. If they have, then they are a step ahead of the competing technologies and should be praised. If they haven't, then they are quite clearly lying (considering they have a test case that reproduces the problem 100% of the time).

Patrick

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:

> Microsoft has now marked my report as resolved fixed, and I have replied asking what the fix consists of and talking about interaction with GPU vendors.
> Benoit
>
> I've filed a bug at Microsoft,
> http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/676134/dos-vulnerability-in-silverlight-5s-3d-similar-to-webgl-dos-vulnerability

Wow, could their responses be any more generic?

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com