Re: [Public WebGL] Disable software rendering

I have done it successfully in the past by modifying the texture transform. Remember we are talking about OpenGL ES 2.0 whichÂhas no texture borders and limits wrap mode for NPOT textures to CLAMP_TO_EDGE.

Regards

-Mark

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
> That's a nearly unbelievable example. It is fairly easy to use NPOT images as texture sources even without hardware support. Pad it to a power-of-two and fudge the app-provided texture coordinates - admittedly not as easy with fragment shaders as it was with fixed-function texture transform matrices.

It's anything but easy. You can't simply "fudge" coordinates; that gets edge conditions wrong.Â
begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp