[Public WebGL] How to handle partially failing getContext()

Hi,

I have been inspecting a bug in our app where Intel HD GPUs will just
render a black screen when using Chrome 12 in win7. Firefox seems to
blacklist this GPU.

The problem is triggered by calling getContext() with 'alpha' attrib
set to false (I want opaque composition). In that case the
getContext() returns a valid context and sets webgl error to "invalid
argument". Any rendering with that context will result a black
rectangle on screen. If I set alpha to true, I can see that the
rendering is correct, but the composition is of course different too.

It is not clear to me based on the spec if that is correct behavior or
a bug. The spec says that the attributes should not cause the
getContext() to fail, but should I test for webgl error and retry? The
spec states that I cannot change the attribs on second try, though.

--mikko

--
Mikko Mononen, Software Engineer
http://tinkercad.com - Solid modeling for artists & makers