Re: [Public WebGL] ANGLE and Unsized array declarations

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

> Section 10.17 of the GLSL ES spec:
>
>        http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/specs/2.0/GLSL_ES_Specification_1.0.17.pdf
>
> it talks about disallowing Unsized Array Declarations. I've never seen this discussed as one of the checks done by ANGLE. Does it do the check today?

I did some investigation and it appears that ANGLE produces an error
if an unsized array is used, but not where one would want; the error
is produced by the code generator, not by the parser. I've filed
http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/issues/detail?id=164 to track
this and a patch is up for review. I'll update the WebGL conformance
suite once this lands.