Re: [Public WebGL] Re: [whatwg] Canvas.getContext error handling

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 00:42, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
>> Additionally, if we proceed with this change, I do not support the
>> removal of the statusMessage. As an implementor of WebGL, I require
>> the ability to provide some information to application developers
>> (which might end up being sent back in in bug reports) when for some
>> reason WebGL could not initialize.
>
> My suggestion was to include the statusMessage within webglcontextlost.

statusMessage is already present in the WebGLContextEvent object all
WebGL-initiated events share.

Yes, but in webglcontextlost it's currently empty.

My proposal is to add a boolean flag to know whether a context loss is
permanent or not, as Mark and I pointed out, having to parse a
(possibly localized) string to check this simple boolean status is
error-prone and confusing at best.

You're replying to something unrelated--I already agreed that the flag should be there.

--
Glenn Maynard