Re: [Public WebGL] webglcontextrestored, WEBKIT_lose_context

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:
My nitpick is that I thought Glenn or Cedric pointed out early some far more standard spec language

For example in the video element spec. Every event that is sent async is listed in the form of

ÂÂ Â when a lost context is detectedÂqueue-a-taskÂtoÂfire a simple eventÂnamedÂwebglcontextlostÂat theÂcanvas element.

With each of those links live.

I'm planning on writing up alternative spec text for the context creation, loss and recovery paths using this "algorithmic" style of specification (as opposed to the "descriptive" spec style), and offering it for comparison. I may ask for people's initial thoughts on async context initialization first (in its own thread) before doing that, too.

--
Glenn Maynard