Re: [Public WebGL] webglcontextrestored, WEBKIT_lose_context

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 09:16, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> This was discussed during today's WebGL conference call and all of the
> desktop browser vendors currently implementing WebGL agreed that this
> change should be made. I've updated Section 5.14.3 in the Editor's
> Draft of the WebGL spec and the associated example below it. Please
> review:
>
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#5.14.3

Looks good to me, two nitpicks :

- we should append to the end of webglcontextlost definition :
"This event does not bubble and is cancellable."

- in webglcontextrestored definition :
"This event occurs when the WebGL implementation determines that a
previously lost context can be restored."

I think this should be replaced with :
"This simple event occurs when the WebGL implementation has restored a
lost context."

Indeed the context has already been restored and ready for
re-initialization of objects (textures, shaders, ...) when this event
is handled by the application. Also we should specify that it is a
simple event (does not bubble, not cancellable).

Regards,