Re: [Public WebGL] webglcontextrestored, WEBKIT_lose_context

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Adrienne Walker <enne@google.com> wrote:
> El día 13 de abril de 2011 15:39, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> escribió:
>
>> I think we should revise the extension specification and add an
>> explicit restoreContext() call. Adrienne, what do you think?
>
> Glenn makes a good point about the testing limitations of the current
> extension.  I think it's a good idea to add a restoreContext call,
> especially in the context of the larger discussion here.  If the spec
> is revised to let contexts always be restored regardless of event
> handler registration, then there would no longer be a way to test
> prolonged lost context scenarios.

OK, I've updated the WEBKIT_lose_context extension specification to
add restoreContext(). I had to use slightly convoluted wording so that
the spec language works against both the WebGL 1.0 spec as well as the
current editor's draft, in which we've just changed the behavior of
when webglcontextrestored is sent. I also moved the extension back to
draft status. Please review these changes and send feedback to the
list.

http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/WEBKIT_lose_context/