Re: [Public WebGL] webglcontextrestored, WEBKIT_lose_context

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Cedric Vivier <cvivier@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 04:45, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for pointing out this issue and for the suggested fix. It seems
>> like a reasonable change, and in fact one that would be forward
>> compatible; if web pages are updated now, they will continue to work
>> up to and through the point where browsers implement the new context
>> lost and recovery semantics.
>>
>> Could some of the other browser vendors in particular comment on this
>> proposed change?
>
> I really like this.
> On top of the more consistent semantics, it will also surely make
> implementations easier/cleaner.

This was discussed during today's WebGL conference call and all of the
desktop browser vendors currently implementing WebGL agreed that this
change should be made. I've updated Section 5.14.3 in the Editor's
Draft of the WebGL spec and the associated example below it. Please
review:

http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#5.14.3

Glenn, thanks again for raising this issue and your suggested fix.